This is an entry level, face-to-face sales role in RBC’s Canadian Personal Banking platform. The program is approximately 3 months in duration depending on previous experience, primarily in a branch where a mentor(s) is assigned to coach the trainee throughout the program. Training prepares the trainee to deliver excellent responsive and proactive service to branch clients in the accounts, investments, credit and lending. Training occurs on-the-job combined with self-study material, interactive satellite courses and classroom training. The remaining months of training occur after the individual has been placed in a permanent position. Programs start throughout the year depending on RBC needs.
1. Develop and document needs based sales strategies, with input from RBC partners, for all clients and prospects in order to create or increase revenue, client profitability and client loyalty.
2. Leverage sales enablers including prospecting and pre-call planning tools.
3. Apply a continuous-improvement approach to achieving superior client experience.
4. Deliver financial advice and solutions that are tailored and value added to the client.
The role will provide the opportunity to hone sales skills, expand sales accountabilities and pursue a variety of career opportunities in RBC. It will appeal to individuals who have already demonstrated sales acumen in other roles such as customer service representatives, call centre sales and service representatives or other service industry positions.
• Must have or be willing to obtain Mutual Funds accreditation.
• Knowledge or fluency in a second language is an asset
• Demonstrated sales success meeting and exceeded sales targets
• Proven selling skills in any industry e.g. retail, hospitality, financial services
• Strong sales orientation with a passion for fulfilling on client needs
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Entrepreneurial, self motivated to achieve above average results
• Team player who contributes to team sales plans
• Continuous learner with a deep curiosity about his/her diverse customers and keeps up to date with changes in client needs, procedures and products
• Able to work flexible hours depending on branch hours of operation, and to meet with clients after business hours.
A post-secondary diploma/degree, ideally in Commerce, Business Administration or related experience is required.
Each role at RBC offers a variety of development opportunities that are critical to an individual's career growth. In this role, the successful candidate can expect to gain experience in generating revenue, building and maintaining client relationships, and developing general product and client knowledge.
RBC offers a Total Rewards program including a competitive compensation varying based on business results (plus the opportunity to earn sales incentive/commission upon successful completion of training); and an array of flexible benefit, work/life and career development programs, long term investment and retirement savings.
Required Skills/ Competencies/ Attributes:
High School Diploma / GED
Have/Obtain Mutual FundsLicens
Trainee will be placed upon successfully completing the program within the given time frames.
Diversity in the workplace, one of our shared values, lies at the heart of our rewarding, open, supportive and inclusive work environment. We respect and respond to the many competing and evolving priorities in our lives so you can focus on what you can do best – put clients first.
Interested in finding out more? Click here.