Talent Acquisition Specialist, CampusLocation: Calgary, Alberta
Competition Number: 2010-0301
Closing Date: Nov 12, 2010
- Developing and/or enhancing Talisman's global student and new graduate strategy and programs, in partnership with the various international offices and departments, to align with business needs.
- Researching and providing recommendations on the best practices and new developments relating to student employment and workforce planning to impact the future design of the student and new graduate programs internationally.
- Managing and facilitating the student and new graduate programs through all stages of recruitment from sourcing through to onboarding.
- Developing a strategy for campus partnerships and presence.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with career services contacts at partner post-secondary schools and serving as main point of contact for students.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with Talisman's discipline networks.
- Recommending the right campus events to attend and planning and organizing all campus events.
- Organizing the student recruitment branding and sponsorship initiatives.
- Serving as the primary contact for students and their leaders during student's work terms with Talisman.
- Managing and facilitating consistent and effective orientation and onboarding processes for all campus hires.
- Administering compensation and training programs for all students and new graduates.
- Identifying process improvements to effectively manage student and campus programs.
- Preparing and tracking recruitment and campus activities through reports and analytics.
- Managing the annual budget for campus activities, sponsorships and advertising.
- Managing and enhancing the student performance review cycle.
- Supervise and provide direction to students assigned to the recruitment team.
- Contributing to other broader Global Talent Acquisition team projects and initiatives.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience with 3-5+ years in recruiting.
- Experience in full cycle recruitment as well as traditional, technical and behavioral interviewing techniques.
- Sound knowledge of recruitment sourcing strategies, specifically in a Campus Environment.
- Solid understanding of recruitment methodologies, practices and current Human Rights Legislation.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional client service ethic and an ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization.
- An affinity with project management and the ability to critically analyze a situation and derive a solution.
- Demonstrated organization, analytical and administrative skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and meet deliverables.
- Excellent and well-developed communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate program and key deliverables.
- Professional presentation.
- Strong work ethic with a team player approach, possessing developed leadership skills and a positive outlook.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented environment.
- The position requires travel therefore must be willing to travel for an extended time frame at certain times of the year.
- Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered.
- Relocation will be provided for the successful candidates if required.